Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Inspirational TED

Day 20 of the Reflect and Renew Blog Challenge from Reflective Teacher @TeachThought 

TED Talks and all their TED-Ex spin-offs have been a source of inspiration for me for many years.  I've used them for professional learning, sharing with colleagues and many times with my students.  I love that there's now a TED-Ed site too.  This is a fantastic resource for supporting you to 'flip your classroom.'  There's always something interesting an inspirational and it's not just the education-focused talks that inspire.  The science, arts, personal experiences and many from the business world also inspire on a daily basis.

I've included links to previous posts as well as including some of my latest favourites.

Sir Ken Robinson - Out of Our Minds - Learning to be Creative - posted 2011




Zoe Weil - Our Students Need to be Solutionaries - fantastic and inspirational from 2011 post.



Simon Sinek - Love Your Work.
This is a very powerful TED Talk to share - all about the 'Why' of what we do.



Adora Svitak - What Adults Can Learn From Kids
I've used this so many times over the years - particularly with students as an exmaple of a powerful speech.  This young lady continues to inspire me today.




Rita Pierson - "Kids Don't Learn From People They Don't Like."

And one more for now - possibly the one that really hit home for me.  From a passionate educator who sadly is no longer with us - Rita Pierson.  I really hope that this continues to be shared as widely as possible.  Great for the start of the year but also as a reminder when things get tough that ultimately, we are there for our students - always.
I've shared this with students too.  Highly recommend doing this as you will be surprised at the insights the students will provide based on this.  "Every kid needs a champion." I will always hold on to this statement, particularly when getting snowed under by all things admin.

Keep our students at the heart of what we do.  Always.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs Hughes. i really liked that video. That Lady is so nice, its really sad that she has passed away though. The video is really awesome and she says allot of nice and true things.

    ReplyDelete