Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Appreciation of my Colleagues...

Day 18 of the Attitude of Gratitude Reflective Teacher @TeachThought Blog Challenge...




What do I appreciate the most about my colleagues over the years? (In no particular order of value or priority).

  1. Their sense of humour - comes in handy when mine is a little missing in action.
  2. Their knowledge - they help me grow and challenge my thinking and my practice.
  3. Their kindness and thoughtfulness.
  4. For a very few - showing me who I don't want to be as a learner and teacher.  
  5. Their patience - I can be geeky and over-enthusiastic and I know this bugs people sometimes.  I can also be impatient - I'm learning from them to be more patient! I'm a work in progress.
  6. The colleagues who have taught me that you can be a great teacher and still have a life outside of school - this is another one I'm working on.  I have a lot to work on and learn!
  7. Colleagues who have taught me to be a better leader, who have had conversations with me when I've needed them.  I have learned so much and held onto that learning.
  8. The global colleagues and connections I've made.  It's fantastic to get different perspectives on  ideas and thoughts.
  9. I've appreciated that it does not matter how long you've been teaching - you CAN still be as enthusiastic as the first day you started.  

There is so much for which I'm grateful for.  The list is endless and I think is one I'll come back to and reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment